Keeping History Alive
The Library of Innerpeffray relies on donations and the invaluable support of volunteers to stay open. Thank you for thinking of supporting us. There are a variety of ways you can help us with our mission to ensure care, conservation and above all, access to the wonderful books and the story of Innerpeffray. The Library is run by the Innerpeffray Mortification a Scottish Charity, SC013843.
Make a donation using PayPal.
Become a Patron – for a donation of £120 – or £10 per month you can support the Library and join a long history of distinguished patronage. In grateful thanks our Patrons receive
- free access to the Library
- Complimentary membership of the Friends of Innerpeffray Library (FOIL)
- Tickets for the regular FOIL talks held in the Schoolroom
- Subscription to Footnotes newsletter with a special Patrons edition twice yearly
- Two complimentary tickets to the annual Innerpeffray Lecture
- Acknowledgement as a Library Patron (or remain anonymous)
Become a Friend – find out all the details about becoming a member of FOIL – the Friends of Innerpeffray Library click here.
Befriend a Book – show your support for the collection by Befriending a Book in need of care or for the general conservation needs of the Library. A gift from you will help us ensure we can continue to share our books with the visitors of the future. A gift of £25 will repair a torn page. A gift of £100 will provide a custom made box to house a book. A gift of £250 will completely restore a damaged book. To find out more about Befriending a Book please complete the enquiry form here.
To acknowledge your Befriending, you will receive a certificate and a loose bookplate will be added to the book. A great gift for a booklover! Befriend a Book in the Shop.
Sponsor a Tree – we are replanting an area of land beside the Library with an educational woodland that reflects the history of the place and the Library.
- £25 – Will plant a small tree with a bio-degradable ribbon with your name tied to it. Start to create your own family tree by sponsoring several trees for family members. If you sponsor more than 2 trees, you will be listed on a framed panel in the foyer of the School Room. This panel will be hand scribed as a celebration of the project and all those who assisted in the development and completion. Anyone donating more than £50 will be listed.
- £100 – Will sponsor the purchase, planting and care of a larger specimen or tree of significance to the library. Your name will be engraved onto a plaque by your sponsored tree and your name added to our special panel in the School room. We will also send out a card with the details of your tree and its significance to the Library.
To find out more about Sponsoring a Tree please complete the enquiry form here.
Leave A Legacy – Three hundred and forty years ago a local benefactor established Scotland’s first free, public lending library. David Drummond, 3rd Lord Madertie also started a school for local children. In his Will he charged his successors with maintaining the Library ‘for time coming’. His legacy is one of Scotland’s literary and educational treasures. If you would like to be part of that legacy, please consider a gift in your Will. Most of us don’t like to dwell on making a Will, but it is a practical thing to do and a relatively simple process. A gift in your Will does not affect your day to day financial position. Importantly, it allows us to mark the things that matter to us. We would recommend you consult a solicitor to make a Will or add a codicil to an existing one. Even a very modest bequest can make a very big difference to Innerpeffray. If Innerpeffray has been important to you, please consider this – download the leaflet for details.
If you would like to volunteer with us or make a donation – Thank you! There is more information about volunteering here and you can use the Donate button at the foot of the page to make a contribution.
Becoming a Trustee of Innerpeffray Library – we are currently recruiting new Governors for the Library. You can read about the details in the brochure.